Maredith Management offers our clients monthly full inspections of their community during the months of March-October. As your management company it is important to us to see that your community is safe and well maintained. We have a full time staff position dedicated to inspecting the common elements and individual properties in your community in order maintain the value of your home. We have listed the most common violations that we encounter in order to help you avoid receiving a violation; however, the below list does not represent every possible type of violation. If you have any questions at all please feel free to call our office. Our Customer Service Representatives are highly trained in all areas of property management, to include inspections and violations, but if for some reason they are unable to answer your question, ask to speak with your Community Manager or our Inspector for more information.
The most common violations residents receive a notice for are the following:
- Lawn Care: Grass should be kept to a height of 3-4”, slightly higher in hot weather. Use fertilizer, weed control and water your lawn to keep it looking healthy all year long.
- Trash Cans & Recycle Bins: Trash cans and recycle bins should be kept out of sight when it is not collection day. Store them in the garage, behind the house or keep them well screened on the side of the house.
- Vehicles: Inoperative or unregistered vehicles must be kept in the garage or neatly covered. Vehicles must only be parked on concrete or asphalt areas or any suitable parking surfaces but absolutely not on the grass.
- Boats: Most communities require boats to be stored in the garage or properly screened behind the house so that they may not be seen from the street.
- Recreational Vehicles: Most communities require recreational vehicles to be stored in the garage or properly screened behind the house so that they may not be seen from the street.
- Siding and Trim: Vinyl siding may need to be power washed and the house trim may need painting.